At Taxwise Australia, our tax checklist guarantees that you will never have to pay more tax than you need to. In fact, we’re ready to help you think ahead and plan ahead.
Were you aware that if your occupation requires you to work outdoors, a deduction is allowable for the cost of sunscreens, sunglasses and sunhats. The deduction is allowable when these items are used because the worker is obliged to work in an environment where they are exposed to the harmful effects of the sun.
Such occupations include;
- Building and Construction
- Delivery and Courier Services
- Farming, Agriculture and Horticulture
- Forestry and Logging
- Landscaping and Gardening Services
- Open Air Mineral, Oil & Gas Extraction and Exploration
- Outdoor Sports
To learn more about our occupation specific deduction checklists – go here.
Please collect your receipts, tax invoices and documents for the items below – check them off when you’ve found them – this will make your tax return appointment faster and easier. If you wish to download and print it, you can do that here. Simple Tax Checklist
- Last Year’s Income Tax Return
- Records of sales and purchases of any shares, business or property
- Private Health Insurance Details
- Spouse Details
- Children’s details including D.O.B and evidence of any Centrelink benefits
- PAYG Summaries
- Pensions or Government payments/Allowances
- Interest earned for the relevant year from the banks, building societies etc.
- Dividend Statements
- Details of rental property income
- Details of any business income
- Details of any other income earned
- Work Related Expenses For example: uniform, tools, education, fees etc.
- Motor Vehicle Expenses Incl. estimation of Kilometres if no logbook kept, otherwise logbook and all expense items
- Travel Expenses
- Investment Expenses For example: bank fees, financial advisors fees, investment borrowings etc.
- Rental Property Expenses For example: rates, body corp fees, agent fees, interest on loan, repairs and maintenance (inside and out), travel, water rates, depreciation schedule, etc.)
- Cost of managing tax affairs
- Donations to Charities
If you have issues with any of the items – feel free to contact us to answer any questions you have.